Built to Spec's Overhead Geared Traction Elevators
The Space-Efficient and Economical Solution
We design our Overhead Geared traction elevator packages for low- to mid-rise buildings with up to 300 feet of rise that have rooftop or basement space for a motor room. Geared elevators are very similar to MRL elevators except that they require a traditional tall motor room above the shaftway or off to the side at a lower level. Traditional elevator motor rooms allow safer, easier access to the machine, brake and controller since they are all located at the same elevation and in the same location. Where MRL systems use a 2:1 underslung sheave application and two dead-end hitches, roping for an OH Geared traction system is typically 1:1 to the elevator car and then run over the machine and down to the counterweight (CWT) frame.
Benefits of BTS's Overhead Geared Traction Elevator Packages
- Fast-Moving: Faster than traditional Hydro elevators; maximum speed of 500 fpm.
- Easy Equipment Access: Equipment is located in a traditional motor room for safe, easy access to the machine, brake and controller.
- Complete: Like all of BTS's elevator systems, our Overhead Geared traction elevator packages are all-inclusive, ready-to-install elevator-in-a-box systems built to your specifications—we handle all of the related project management and logistics, freeing up your time for other essential building project tasks.
The 5-Step BTS Elevator Manufacturing and Delivery Process
The Turnkey Overhead Geared Traction Elevator Solution that Saves Time & Money
Years of experience in the elevator manufacturing industry have taught us the importance of helping elevator contractors save time and money. That's why we've streamlined the process of obtaining an elevator system by providing you with project management and elevator manufacturing in a single-source, turnkey elevator package:
- Specifications Review: We understand the importance of interaction with our customers in allowing us to provide outstanding customer service, from timely estimates through the delivery of an elevator package engineered to your building's specifications. As such, your BTS project manager will consult with your project architect, developer or consultant to obtain site architecturals and other supporting documentation that will allow our engineering department to understand thoroughly the elevator requirements of your property. Information supplied to us should include details such as the number of stops required, capacity, travel distance, shaft dimensions, handicap requirements, signal fixtures, entrance wall depths, and your preference of cab design finishes.
- Proposal Submission and Approval: We'll prepare a detailed elevator package proposal including pricing for all included equipment and services and present it to the contractor, allowing you to formulate your final bid for the project by simply adding your labor costs. The elevator contractor will review our proposal, and once approved, sign a simple, one-page contract that will allow us to proceed according to contract terms.
- Drawing Submission and Approval: BTS will promptly prepare a complete set of engineered elevator plan layouts and shop drawings, which will include details such as entrances, cabs, and fixtures. We'll assign to you a project manager who will work with you to amend the drawings until the revised and resubmitted schematics meet with your approval. Your project manager will guide you throughout the elevator package selection, ordering, engineering, fabrication and delivery process.
- Manufacturing: BTS will promptly begin elevator assembly.
- Shipping, Delivery and Support: Your assigned project manager will plan elevator package delivery logistics and contact you within one week of drawing approval to schedule a date on which your thoroughly engineered turnkey elevator package will be delivered to your job site. While most of the elevator controllers used in our elevator packages contain detailed start-up instructions, we understand that there may be times when additional support will be helpful. Our contract offers you technical support on initial elevator start-up as well as support for elevator tune-ups and adjustments. As the elevator manufacturer, BTS will provide you with all the documentation you need about your new elevator package, including a complete set of close-out booklets covering topics such as maintenance procedures, warranties, technical advisories, elevator layouts, and individual-equipment shop drawings.
Choose the Overhead Geared Traction Elevator Package Designed for Hassle-Free Installation and Servicing
Our Overhead Geared traction elevator packages are designed with the installer in mind. We know you depend on us to deliver your elevator system to you on time, as ordered, and ready to be installed, and we consider our work successful only when you’re satisfied, and your elevator system is operating smoothly. To ensure your satisfaction, we’ve created a finely tuned process to make certain that your elevator system is correctly labeled, carefully packaged and crated, and shipped directly to your job site for timely delivery. You want your elevator up-and-running quickly, so we make your installer’s job uncomplicated by including plug-and-play harness wiring as well as predrilled machine beams and mounting provisions in all of our elevator packages. We also include a built-in kick plate around the perimeter of our elevator car tops to help your installer avoid accidentally knocking parts and debris off the top of the elevator during installation. And, we make it convenient for you to have your elevator system serviced long after installation is complete by building our OH Geared traction elevator packages with non-proprietary machines, controllers and door equipment. We’ve earned our reputation as the preferred elevator manufacturer for complete OH Geared traction elevator systems by ensuring that the entire elevator sourcing process is fast and hassle-free for you!
The OH Geared Traction Elevator Manufacturer that Saves You Money!
Questions? Submit Your Drawings
Call BTS at 1-833-BTS-ELEV or Email Us Today!
We want to meet you and learn how we can become your comprehensive, non-proprietary elevator package manufacturing company. To receive a swift materials estimate for the single or multiple elevator devices you need, please email us the following documents: specifications, architectural or structural drawings, and elevator profiles.Contact Us